Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Day 80, Wednesday, January 8, 2020 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 31

I had a nice walk this morning, not to coffee, but a mile down Old Yuma Road. It goes between La Posa West & Tyson Wash sections of the LTVA. After that I did some on line reading, and moved outside in the sun to finish Lee Child's Blue Moon. I started David Baldacci's A Minute To Midnight, his second Atlee Pine novel. Not my favorite series of his books, but I still enjoy the author.

Around 3:00 my prescriptions were ready at the Blythe Rite-Aid, so I headed to California. I stopped at the post office to mail my brother's birthday card, stopped at Rite-Aid to pick up my prescriptions, then hit the Smart & Final market for groceries, something different from my usual stop at Albertson's. They are a bit more expensive, but have better produce. I even remembered my bags so I didn't have to pay for their high quality plastic ones.

Rite-Aid was good & bad. One of my more expensive copays has become generic, going from $50.00 to $10.00. The bad - The non generic drops went from a $50.00 copay to $60.00. Since I didn't get the price schedule mailing from my insurance (it is at home in Oswego) I assume the copay went up. They also shorted me one bottle of the other generic, so I have to drive back to Blythe to pick one up, a 40 mile round trip. As usual, eye drop prescriptions are a mess! I hate to hold up the line going over each prescription to make sure there are the correct number of drops, but if I don't, something usually goes wrong.

On the other hand, Smart & Final had raw Barber Chicken, so I am now set for both the Broccoli & Cheese & Chicken Cordon Bleu selections for the near future. I'll be having the Broccoli & Cheese for dinner tonight.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment