Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Day 79, Tuesday, January 7, 2020 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 30

Hummingbird
A quiet, uninteresting night! It is still getting quite cool overnight, it was down to 34°F last night, but by the time I went to the 76 station for coffee at 9:00 it was 45°F, and by mid afternoon, 69°F. Partly cloudy, but they are thin enough that the batteries were full by noon.

I did quite a bit of reading, both on the computer & my Kindle, where the first of my library books resided - Lee Child's Blue Moon, a Jack Reacher novel. Most series have a relatively short life, but the Reacher series by Child seems to hold up. My all time favorite series is John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee series. I read them one by one as they came out, then years later, binged the entire 21 book series. He also wrote some great SiFi, including Ballroom of the Skies & The Girl, the Gold Watch, & Everything. I also enjoyed Condominium.

I spent a couple of minutes testing the new settings on the D850. While they work well for shooting fast moving birds, I have to revert to my usual settings for landscape. You can set up as many as 4 groups of settings so that with a simple push of a button, switch between them. Here are some of today's photos, the rest which are on today's LakeshoreImages page.

After that it was more sitting outside in the sun (well partially in the shade) relaxing.

Dinner was left over stew.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment