Friday, January 17, 2020

Day 89, Friday, January 17, 2020 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 40

Around the Campfire
We built a campfire last night & sat around until it got cold enough to head in.

After my walk for coffee I sat outside & did a bit or reading. Enough wind that I eventually moved inside, then decided to head to Parker to do some shopping.
Getting out of Quartzsite was a zoo. I had to wait for two or three traffic light changes to get through at each light, and AZ 95 had heavy traffic most of the way to Parker.

In Parker, a long, slow train was crossing AZ 95, so there was a 15 minute wait to turn the corner. The traffic coming south on AZ 95 was backed up all the way to the Safeway plaza.

I did most of my shopping at Walmart, but they were out of lemons & ice, so I had to also make a stop at Safeway.

I bought the stuff to make a blueberry pie & spent he rest of the afternoon making & baking it. A couple that will be at the fiberglass gathering is already here & stopped by to say hello. I called my brother David to wish him a happy birthday. 23°F on Nantucket Island with snow expected tomorrow. 68°F here in Quartzsite. I love Nantucket in August, but Quartzsite has its appeal in January!

We sat around enjoying the afternoon, then cut up the pie for a early dessert.

Dinner was a Marie Callender's Sesame Chicken Bowl, and a second piece of blueberry pie.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment