Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Day 101, Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - Dome Rock, Day 3, Quartzsite, AZ

Walking the Dogs
A pretty sunrise, but a very windy day, and a bit cooler than the last couple of days.

My weather station showed a peak of 30 MPH, and an average of 15 MPH for the wind. Not too many new arrivals today. A large Montana 5th wheel moved in to the area to the east of me. I let them know that around 200 trailers would be arriving over the next week just in case they were looking for quiet, but they had no problems with us & plan to leave in 4 days.

I tried sitting outside, but the wind got too much for me (along with the dust it was blowing around) so I gave up and headed inside. My current book is a novel novel by George Saunders - Lincoln in the Bardo. A strange format, but interesting book told by the ghosts in the graveyard where Lincoln's son Willie was buried. It won the Man Booker prize, and was listed in the 100 Notable books for 2017 by the New York Times. The writing style takes a bit to get used to - short quips by individual ghosts in the graveyard while they are waiting to move on.

Not much else other than sitting in the trailer being rocked by the wind. I did do a walk around the campground around 4:00 and took a few photos. I hope most are new arrivals, but with people moving around even after they get here, who knows?  More photos at either today's LakeshoreImages page or the update to the 2020 Quartzsite Rally.

Dinner was a grilled chicken thigh, roasted potatoes, applesauce & a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment