Monday, January 20, 2020

Day 92, Monday, January 20, 2020 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 43

I forgot to mention yesterday my experience with Reserve America & a NY State Park. The theatre department where I used to work holds a reunion for alumni every 5 years. Part of the weekend is a picnic at a local state park. Since I have the trailer, I decided to stay in the park for the weekend. Don Guido is also an alumni, so he & Anne wanted to join me. So, I went on line with Reserve America to make reservations for two sites next to each other. I did Don & Anne's first, using my credit card & their names & trailer description. You cannot reserve two sites at once, so I re logged on & tried to do the site next door for me. When I tried to pay for the site it refused to let me, telling me I can't make two reservations for the same time period. I believe it is a campground related rule, rather than Reserve America since I've often done exactly that in the past. In any case, I had to call Anne & have her make a reservation for me using her credit card.

Back to Quartzsite, although there isn't much to say. I ventured out of the campground to pick up a couple of boxes of firewood. Arizona 95 was very busy, backed up all the way to La Posa South (3 miles) heading north, which, of course, was the direction I wanted to go. Someone finally let me in & I picked up the firewood. I stopped at the Chinese restaurant for a late lunch & headed back to the campground. Arizona 95 going south was no problem.

A very cool & cloudy day. Even though it actually hit 65°F, with the wind and no sun, it felt much cooler. I managed to gain 520 watt hours during the day, not enough to kick the controller into the absorption stage. I hope there is more sun tomorrow, although my generator is due for its monthly exercise.

We sat around talking for a bit, then I went in to snack for dinner & post the page. We will try for a campfire tonight.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment