Thursday, May 22, 2014

Palouse Falls state Park, WA, Day 2

Upper Palouse Falls, WA
Tuesday, May 20, 2014, Palouse Falls state Park, WA, 0 miles, 8910.1 For the Trip

The star photos were not worth posting - I may try again tonight, however the clouds I wanted for the fall photos are here, so if the sunset cooperates, I'll have better sunset photos, but tough star photos.

I hiked up river to the Upper Palouse Falls just before lunch. Not as impressive a drop, but still very pretty with lots of white water. There was a trail down to the river at both falls, but I really didn't want to do the hike back up, so I shot both from the top. I did meet a guy that made the loop to the bottom of Palouse Falls, and while it only took him a couple of hours, he was a lot younger, and admitted to being a trail runner!

Other than the short hike, I spent most of the day reading. Since there was many fluffy clouds in the sky during the afternoon, I was hoping for more interesting skies to shoot the falls around sunset. Unfortunately, they all disappeared after dinner, and the sky was flatter than yesterday. I still went back to both falls and took a few images, but I sure wish it would storm. Now, how often have you heard me say that!  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a turkey burger & chips.

Until I have a data connection -

No comments:

Post a Comment