Sunday, May 4, 2014

Farewell Bend State Park, OR

One Lane Tunnel, Owyhee Park Road

Sunday, May 4, 2014, Farewell Bend State Park, OR - 74.1 miles, 8120.8 For the Trip

While I got a late start today (I spent some of the morning defrosting the refrigerator) I only had to drive 75 miles, and with the switch back to the Pacific time zone, even though I left the campground at 10:30, I arrived at Farewell Bend State Park by 12:30 including with a short stop at the Ontario Home Depot & Walmart on the way.

Farewell Bend has three loops - I'm in the center one which is quite nice. A fair amount of shade, and hedges between sites. Electric & water for $24.00. While there isn't a lot to do in the area, I'm going to stay two days. I do have internet, although somewhat slow, but no AT&T service, so I can't make my usual Sunday phone calls. While the campground is only a mile or so from I 84, there is no road noise. There is a railroad near the park, but while you can hear the trains, they don't blow their horns, and they are far enough away that they don't bother me.

I added some photos I took on the way out of Owyhee State Park, including one of the one lane tunnel.  Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a New York strip steak, corn on the cob ( a bit old - I should know better than to buy fresh vegetables at Walmart!) and Korr's Cheese & Broccoli Noodles.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment