Thursday, June 30, 2011

Swiftwater RV Park, White Bird, ID

Today's Photo - A Floating Generator on a River















I woke up this morning with the patter of rain on the roof. Luckily, it stopped by the time I finished breakfast. I did get my shower & laundry done, however it was at the Pizza place in Stanley yesterday afternoon. Although they did fix the water problem at Elk Mountain RV Resort, they wouldn't have hot water until morning & I wanted to get a somewhat early start.

The drive to White Bird, ID on ID 21, ID 55, and US 95 was wonderful. Almost the entire was was driving along pretty mountain streams, filled to capacity (or more) with spring runoff. The photo above shows an interesting power generator. It is a funnel on a set of pontoons that feeds the river water through a turbine & generator. An interesting idea - I have no idea how much power it generates, but it would be useful for locations on fast moving streams. If you look closely, you can see they also had a solar panel...

I'm in Swiftwater RV Park, site 13, a well kept and very pleasant campground on the shore of the Salmon River. It is nice to see the "other" Salmon River. it is bigger than ours in Oswego with about 20 times the amount of flow, and at present, is full of rafters.


I lost an hour - I'm back in the Pacific time zone I have a steak & corn on the cob to cook for dinner - I probably should think about cooking.

Till Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Jon, did Elk Mountain have a little restaurant in the front? If it's the one that I'm thinking of, they had the best sausage I have ever tasted. If I remember, the bathrooms were questionable last year, too. I think they cater mostly to permanent residents and hunters. I really loved Idaho. If you're still in Salmon, take a ride up to Wisdom, MT.

    ReplyDelete