Saturday, June 18, 2011

Capitol Reef National Park, UT

Today's Photo - Hickman Bridge, Capitol Reef National Park, UT























I drove up to the Goblin Valley parking lot to post the rest of yesterday's photos, and while waiting took a few morning images.

After that I headed for Torrey & Capitol Reef National Park. I dropped the trailer off at Thousand Lakes RV Park (not a lake in sight) and am in site 9. A nice place. The site is a back in, but deep enough for both the trailer & car. The bathrooms are clean, the showers big enough, and not too far from the site.

After that I headed back to the park, took the scenic drive, a couple of side roads, and some of the stops along UT 24. I'm here for two days, so I'll hit the rest tomorrow. Lots of different colored rock, the Fremont River, and some early Mormon settlements are in the park. It doesn't look like any of the fruit trees are ripe - they let you pick & eat them when they are.

I picked up a steak, broccoli & cauliflower, and used my second to last bag of Vigo Yellow Rice for dinner. Now it's time to sit back & relax! More photos at today's 2011 Trip Page at Lakeshoreimages.

No comments:

Post a Comment