Saturday, June 11, 2011

Page, AZ Revisited

Today's Photo - Anne at Horseshoe Bend, AZ














I'm a little late posting today's (well, yesterday's) update - I was tired & went to sleep instead of posting.  I could blame it on the time zone change, a slow, poor cell connection, but I was just tired!

We took a short detour to Kodachrome State Park, UT, and took the Angel Trail hike, a 1.6 mile round trip that climbed over the parking area, passed a number of interesting trees & rock formations.

After the park it was South on US 89 to Page.  We quickly set up at the Lake Powell-Page campground in site 15, made a quick run to Walmart for stakes strong enough to drive into the gravel, then headed to Horseshoe Bend for some photos.  The skies were much more interesting than the last time I was here.  A storm threatened, producing great clouds (and a bit of lightning, but in the distance).  We stayed until the rain got bad enough that we headed back.  Of course after going 3/4 of a mile in soft sand back to the parking lot the rain stopped & the sun turned gorgeous.  Oh well, maybe next time!

As I said at the beginning, I was tired & went to sleep.  As to the time, well, I WAS WRONG!  There, I admitted it - it was actually an hour earlier than I insisted it was.  We didn't find out for sure until this morning at Walmart.

Tomorrow (actually today) we will do the photo tour of the Upper Antelope Slot Canyon.

Till Then -

No comments:

Post a Comment