Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Nantucket - Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Waiting For the Ferry in Hyannis

A relatively quiet, but long drive to Hyannis. I'm not used to doing 400 miles in a day, although I didn't have the trailer behind me so passing wasn't so bad. I did discover that Massachusetts doesn't have toll booths anymore. I 90 in MA is divided into sections, with a plate reader (and a EZpass reader) at each section. I hate toll roads, but it is the fastest way to get to Hyannis, and I did have a ferry to catch. They charge quite a bit more for billed mileage - I'll get the bill when I get home.

Not much sun on the drive, and a bit of light rain off & on.

I took a few photos at the Hyannis Steamship Authority building, then loaded into the ferry. While the ferry deck was full with cars & trucks (they can load a bunch of 18 wheelers in the Eagle), the snack bar section was almost empty. About a 2 1/2 hour ride.  A couple more photos at today's post at LakeshoreImages.

Nantucket traffic is as bad as usual - long waits at every at stop sign. The roads seem narrower, but that is just because the F 150 is wider, as are the towing mirrors.

Dave & I made a quick run to Stop & Shop for some supplies.

Dinner was sirloin tip, a salad, and an Amy's side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment