Saturday, August 10, 2019

Nantucket, Day 4

The Brisket

After my morning walk, I sat around cooling off, then had some magic coffee. I say magic, because when I made coffee, I filled the carafe to 10 cups, put 10 cups worth of coffee in the basket, fired it up & waited. Seems to take longer than my home coffee put, but the reason is it is somehow teleporting 3-4 cups of water somewhere, or miraculously storing the extra water. Only 6 cups of coffee end up in the carafe. While I suspect it is actually going up in steam, that isn't as much fun as the previous ideas! In any case, the first pot of coffee I made was very strong.

David started the brisket I brought from Oswego, and purchased at Walmart (who knew they had them) around 6:00AM. It has been in the smoker all day at 250°F. He has a large smoker that he uses for pig roasts, but he is using the smaller one for the brisket. His outdoor cooking area has a large fireplace for making coals for the smoker, a pizza oven, and a couple of smokers.

Around 1:30 we headed to Stop & Shop for supplies for dinner. First time I used Apple Pay. Sure is easier than digging my card out of the wallet buried in one of the cargo pockets in my shorts. It is now around 2:30 & we are doing absolutely nothing, although the brisket is happily smoking away.

Dinner was the brisket with a bunch of salads & deviled eggs.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment