Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Susan Creek Campground & Waterfalls

Along the Trail to Watson Falls
Tuesday, July 8, 2014, Susan Creek Campground 97.4 - 0 miles, 12,380.6 For the Trip

Today was another waterfall day. I started with a photo of the Rogue River along OR 62, then drove through Diamond Lake (well, around it) to OR 138. There are a number of named waterfalls along OR 138. I tried to stop at the waterfalls I missed when I drove the same route in 2012, but I recognized a few as one's I've visited before. There does seem to be a bit less water going over them than the last time I was here. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After shooting a number of waterfalls, I pulled into Susan Creek Campground, a BLM site on OR 138. With the senior discount, $7.00 per night. No hookups, but they do have bathrooms with hot showers. I dug out the portable solar panel to top off the batteries since processing a bunch of photos drags them down. A very pretty campground that had about 5 empty sites (out of 29). Almost all are now filled at 2:30PM. I'm here for 3 days. I will visit some more waterfalls in the area as well as just hang out waiting until Monday when I can take my site at Bullards Beach Campground.

While Joseph H Stewart was unusual in that there was almost no Verizon connectivity & a strong 4G AT&T signal, here at Susan Creek it is back to normal - a fair Verizon connection & no AT&T.

Dinner will be left over chicken breast & beans.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment