Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dome Rock, Quartzite, AZ,Day 3

More Trailers at Our End of the Area
Wednesday, February 5, 2014, Dome Rock, Quartzite, AZ,Day 3 - 0 miles 4,933.9 For the Trip

Another beautiful day at Quartzite. It started out a little cool, but warmed up by noon. Didn't use as many amp hours, but still have a deficit of 11 amp hours as of 6:00PM. I'd be just about even if I hadn't make a pot of coffee with the electric drip coffee maker.

I drove down to the campground host for my permit. He has been off duty for the last two days, so my 14 days is now actually 16, although I still plan to leave on Monday. Lots more trailers have pulled in - we now have a couple more Bigfoots, Scamps, A truck camper, and, of course, many Casitas. Still only 3 Escapes, all 17's.

I took a couple of photos of some of the folding solar panels that many are using to recharge batteries. Lots of different types. I've thought of adding one to speed up battery recovery, particularly in winter when the sun angle is low (it is easy to properly tilt portable panels), but storage is always a problem, particularly on the days I don't need to put them out. A truck looks better & better as a tow vehicle! I also included a photo of my roll-up table. Very handy for a small trailer - it rolls into a 3' x4"x4" package.

Also had a chance to do some Barbeque's Sauce sampling. An interesting grill set up to add smoke. Photos are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was grilled chicken thighs & green beans, and the last ice cream cone (sigh).

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment