Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dome Rock, Quartzite, AZ,Day 2

A Beat Up Sonora Cactus
Tuesday, February 4, 2014, Dome Rock, Quartzite, AZ,Day 2 - 0 miles 4,933.9 For the Trip

Well, the gas furnace works well. It got down to 36°F last night, and with the thermostat set to 62°F, it ran off & on throughout the night. Although I kept it close to 70° with the electric heater when I had hookups, I want to try to save battery power by keeping it a bit lower when running the furnace. While not of interest to everyone, for those who are, overall, by morning I was down 18 amp hrs, and with recharging the laptop & iPad, listening to the radio using my XM Radio tuner, and the general electrical usage, that's not so bad. The day was partially cloudy, and the winter sun is still fairly low in the sky, so I didn't get all 18 amp hours back - right now at 5:30 I'm down 4 amp hrs. Since I have 232 amp hours in the batteries (although it is best to only use half of that), I'm doing OK.

I took a few photos of some interesting cactus & trees on my walk, as well as of the trailer & my new neighbor. Just now another Escape 17 pulled in - there are now three of us. Not keeping up with the Casitas, but we are tied with the Scamps! More photos on today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a salad & a turkey burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment