Friday, February 28, 2014

Joshua Tree National Park, CA, Day 3

Site 14, Cottonwood Campground, Joshua Tree National Park
Friday, February 28, 2014, Cottonwood Campground, Joshua Tree National Park, CA, Day 3 - 84.8 miles , 5461.2 For the Trip

I didn't even bother waiting until the Ranger Station opened since it was obvious that the campsite was reserved for the weekend, and the office didn't open until 12:00. I was packed and on the road by 7:30, and arrived back at Cottonwood Campground by 9:00. Someone was in A16, so I set up in A14. A bit shorter site, but everything fit.

There was light rain off & on all night at Black Rock, a bit heavier as I packed up (naturally)! During the drive to Cottonwood the rain stopped, and it stayed dry while I set up, then down it came. Lots of wind, lots of rain, heavy at times, and it didn't stop until around 4:00. It was also quite cool at 56°F. I know that is warm to some back east, but after living in 75° - 90° for the last month, particularly with the rain & wind, it feels cold!

For the first time of the trip, I spent the entire day in the trailer. Lots of reading, playing Candy Crush (I'm up to 76, I know, but not too bad for an old guy!) and watching the rain run down the windows.

I'm not sure what dinner will be - if it stays dry, I will probably cook a turkey burger, if not, it will be soup cooked inside. Right now I'm headed for the "Cell Zone" to post today's journals & catch up on my mail.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment