Wednesday, February 7, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 115

Wednesday, February 7, 2024 - Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 7 - 0 Miles, 3,452.3 Miles for the trip 

A new way to fold up a Clam - 50MPH wind gusts and a stake pulling out. A photo of the wash behind the trailer. Sorry it is a bit soft; it is shot through the trailer screen & window.

The Wash Behind the Trailer

The Blown Down Clam

The Wash This Morning

After my morning walk I set up the Clam to let it dry & have a cover for the grill. It is still very windy, enough to shake the trailer, but nothing like just before the rain hit yesterday. 

The batteries were down to 70% this morning. After coffee & a microwaved bacon egg cheese biscuit and a couple of hours of sun it is up to 76% (down 75 amp hours) at 11:30, with the solar panels cranking out 250 watts & 17.8 amps. If the clouds stay away I should be back up to close to 100% be the end of the day.  With intermittent clouds, they made it to 94% by 5:00.

A cool and windy day. Lots of sun, but at 55°F even the full sun feels a bit cool because of the wind. Strong enough that I can't hear my Mpow Flame headphones during my walk, or even Bluetooth on my hearing aids. I discovered that I wasn't the only one that lost a Clam during yesterday's storm. In all cases, nothing broke, they just folded.

After a trip to town to get some supplies, I made another round of the campground. While the wind is dying down, there is still enough to blank my hearing aids. As usual, more photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Walking Around The Campground

Walking Around The Campground

Walking Around The Campground

Walking Around The Campground

Walking Around The Campground

Walking Around The Campground

A Snoozy

Since I had a large lunch, dinner was just a salad.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment