Tuesday, February 13, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 121

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - SARA Rodeo Grounds, Lake Havasu City, AZ, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 3,541.2 Miles for the trip 

A quiet night, at least after the generators shut down. This morning I walked around the park - at least half the spaces are still empty, although lots of folks are arriving throughout the day. One arrival believed she was in my spot. They checked the window tag, shrugged, and moved further down the line. Hope they didn't take someone else's spot.

I did some reading, and finished listening to Michael Gear & Kathleen O'Neal Gear's Coming of the Storm. I started Michael Gear's Implacable Alpha. While my Speed Test app shows that AT&T is 3 times faster than Verizon, Verizon downloads audio books much faster than AT&T. Who knows why. In any case, the audio book made it to my phone and will keep me busy for 17 listening hours.

After lunch I headed to Bashes' for the workings for a blueberry pie. They only had the store brand crust - I prefer Pillsbury. I baked the pie in the trailer oven with the fan running and the windows open. It still warmed the trailer to 82°F with an outside temperature of 64°F. Of course the cloudless sky also contributed to the trailer heating.

Eventually it got warm enough that sitting outside in a "T" shirt & shorts was comfortable. Not much else for the day.

Dinner was a El Monterey Chicken Enchilada dinner and chocolate pudding for dessert.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment