Tuesday, February 20, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 128

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - Gilbert Ray County Park, Tucson, AZ - 129.4 Miles, 3,925.8 Miles for the trip 

A lazy morning. Since Tucson is a short drive from Apache Junction, and the arrival time at Gilbert Ray is 2:00, I was in no hurry to leave. For my morning walk I checked the distance to the closest bathroom - .4 miles. I spent some of the morning on the phone leaving recorded messages with one of my doctor's office hoping to get a refill at one of the Tucson Walgreens. Is seems you can no longer talk to a real person at any of my doctor's offices; just leave a message. The problem is I'm usually at a location for a short time & you never know if the message makes it through and if you included everything they want. Today it worked. Even though they announce that it will take 72 hours for a prescription to be sent to your pharmacy, I got a message from the Tucson Walgreens that it was ready 4 hours after I left the message. I guess it works!

Most of the drive to Tucson was on 2 lane roads. At Picacho Peak I was routed onto I 10. Heavy truck traffic, but with three lanes all the way to Tucson it wasn't too bad. The entry volunteer was an Escape 19 owner that I have met at Quartzsite & the Niagara Wine Escape rallies. I'm in site 63 which is close to the bathrooms. No showers, and the site is electric only. Back in on gravel with a picnic table (no fires allowed). $36.82 per night including a $9.09 processing fee.

Site 63

After setting up I sat outside in the shade (82°F) and ran the AC in the trailer to cool it down to the mid 70's. 

Since they have an outdoor kitchen sink, I made one of my messy to clean up meals for dinner - Spaghetti & meatballs.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment