Sunday, February 4, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 112

 I don’t know what is going on but I can’t log on to my blogger account with anything but my phone so until it is fixed you will have to go to the web page  lakeshoreimages.com.

Well, at 7:00 it seems to be fixed, so it wasn't my fault!

Today's post:

Sunday, February 4, 2024 - Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 4 - 0 Miles, 3,452.3 Miles for the trip 

I slept in a bit (well, actually lay in bed) to listen to the Sunday puzzle on morning edition, did my back exercises, then went for my morning walk. Warmer than yesterday at 51°F. It hit 67°F by late afternoon; still windy, but not a cloud in the sky. Back in the trailer I chased a couple of flies & a stink bug around the trailer. I think I got all of them, but will find out later when I'm trying to sleep.

I walked around the campground taking photos around lunch time:

Hanging Out

Lots more photos at todays LakeshoreImages post or the 2024 Quartzsite Gathering page

Lots of new arrivals. I didn't do a count, but I bet there are at least 50 fiberglass trailers here at Dome Rock. 

I spent so much time walking around that I didn't get all that much reading in. I did get to listen to Aaron Elkins Turncoat while I walked, and only have a few hours to go. Not one of my favorites of his books, but one I haven't read & was available as an audio book at the NYPL. Speaking (well typing) of the New York Public Library, to give you an idea of the size of their "collections" (I'm not sure you call an audio book a collection) a popular book I have on hold (James McBride's The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store) has 3,225 people waiting for the book, I'm 2,385 in line with 395 copies in use. They are estimating that it will be available in around 12 weeks. While that seems like a long time, the wait at my local library (the North Country Library System) is 22 weeks, and the Broward County Library which I'm a member of has a many month wait. 

Dinner was a grilled chicken leg quarter, a salad, and grilled potatoes.

A couple of "Around the Fire" photos - while is was pretty dark, the Nikon Z8 had no problem making it look like daylight.

Around the Firepit

I'm not sure what is going on with my computer, but anytime I try to connect to Google or Blogger I get a credentials error. Happens with Safari, Firefox & Chrome. Funny thing - it works OK using my phone, but posting to Blogger with the phone is difficult. So, folks are going to have to come here to read my journal. (you can disregard this for now...)

Until Tomorrow - 


No comments:

Post a Comment