Sunday, December 29, 2019

Day 70, Sunday, December 29, 2019 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 21

I'm getting tired of these cold nights (and days) this year at Quartzsite. 30°F last night, 48°F at noon, and a high of 56°F. At least the 25 MPH winds of yesterday are gone. I did sit outside for a bit during the afternoon, calling my son & Don & Anne back east. It is raining in Oswego, so things could be worse. Then again, Anne let me know it was 72°F in South Carolina where they are visiting their daughter, so it could be better.

I didn't do much else during the day. I walked over to photograph the progress on the Big Tent, but there is little difference from the last picture.

My current book is an actual book by a SiFi author I've never read - Connie Willis' Doomsday Book, a Hugo & Nebula Award winner.

Around 4:00 I headed to Silly Al's for a pizza for dinner. They make a Vegetable Deluxe that, among the generous supply of toppings, includes cashews. I would never have thought that cashews on a pizza made any kind of sense, but they do. Silly Al's is usually very noisy, so I ordered take out, however it was pretty quiet today. Gee, two restaurant meals in a row - I'd better get back in the groove of desert camping!

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment