Monday, December 2, 2019

Day 43, Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, AZ

Superstition Mountains - 5:17

After I posted yesterday's page, I took a bunch of night time photos at Picacho Peak. The streaks in the lower part of the image are the automobile lights on I 10.

Another late start out of the campground since I only have to move 75 miles or so. A short drive on I 10, then AZ 87, 287, and US 60 to Apache Junction. I'm in site 44, a water & electric site for $40.00, $35.00 for the site & a $5.00 reservation fee. A medium walk to the bathrooms & showers.

Lost Dutchman is my favorite Arizona state park. The view of the Superstition Mountains from the campground is wonderful. After setting up the trailer (I didn't need to unhook to truck or level the trailer) I wandered around taking a few afternoon (poor light) photos, and hope for better lighting later in the day.

Back at the trailer I sat outside and read. Temperatures in the high 60's with a light wind and hazy clouds.

I went out just after dinner to catch the sunset light. It is amazing how short the color lasts. I added the time each image was shot to show how quick you need to be to catch it. Back at the trailer I added the images to today's post & sent it onto the webpage.  Photos from yesterday & today at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a Barber Cordon Bleu and steamed mixed vegetables.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment