Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Day 58, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 9

Still cool, with overnight temperatures in the 30's, highs in the high 50's, but a little less wind. I did my walk for coffee this morning and wished I had thought to wear gloves. After breakfast, I did my usual journal & forum reading waiting for it to warm up outside. While it never got warm, I did spend some time sitting outside, using the trailer to block the wind. Lots of sun so as long as there wasn't any wind, it was OK to be out.

I finished The Feather Thief, by Kirk Wallace Johnson. I don't read all that much non fiction, but this is quite a book. All about fly tiers. While I have tied a few flies and even caught a fish with ones I made, I never realized that making salmon ties was far more than a hobby. An interesting book, even for fiction readers.

I started the last back dated Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum novel (Top Secret Twenty-One) after finishing The Feather Thief. Eventually, I moved inside.

Dinner was another meatloaf sandwich. Even though I made the smallest meatloaf I know how to make (a pound) it goes a long way when only one person is eating it. At home, when my son Kyle is sharing the meal, a 2 pound meatloaf is gone after 3 days. I still have half of this one left. I suspect I will get tired of it & toss it before I finish it.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment