Friday, December 13, 2019

Day 54, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 5

A Hummingbird

At the Escape forum, we have a thread called "Out My Back Window", so I took a sunset photo last night.

Rather than walk for coffee this morning, I drove, since I needed to get a tank of propane. $2.30 per gallon at the 76 station. A 20 pound tank takes around 4.6 gallons.

After breakfast I took a walk around the LTVA. I met a neighbor in a Class B van and saw another fiberglass trailer (a Casita) down by the dumpsters. I also took a photo of the 4000 watt trailer I mentioned in yesterday's journal. Note that he has a Chevy Volt parked next to the motorhome that is plugged into it.

After lunch I sat outside reading, then grabbed my camera with an 80 - 400mm zoom lens & tried to catch a few hummingbirds at the feeder. A beasutiful, clear day with temperatures in the 70's. My batteries were topped off by 2:00, even after microwaving breakfast.

Another hummingbird photo as well as the Silent Power trailer trailer are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was the all you can eat Friday Fish Fry at Sweet Darlene's. I'm glad it could happen. I went on the internet to find an address to sent to someone for Sweet Darlene's, and it said they were permanently closed. I suspect it was just for the summer, like many Quartzsite businesses, but since Paul the Naked Bookseller passed away last year, I was hoping the same didn't happen with Darlene. She is alive & well running the service window & collecting the cash. Still the best fish dinner in town - all you can eat, baked potato, very good coleslaw & tartar sauce.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment