Sunday, April 23, 2017

Day 175 Sunday, April 23, 2017, Townsend KOA, Day 5

Sunday, April 23, 2017, Townsend KOA, Day 5, 0 miles, 7,599.1 Miles For the Trip

Another rainy night. This has been the wettest "non-Oregon Spring" rally I've attended. We still all had fun, but there wasn't much sitting outside the trailers for Saturday evening or for those that stayed Sunday. I hope the roads will be OK for the start of the drive to home tomorrow - there are flood warnings for the area. The rain continued into the day, mostly light, with short periods of heavy downpours.

I was going to do laundry, but the laundry room is small, and no place to fold, etc. With the rain, I decided to wait until I got to Hungry Mother State Park tomorrow. I spent most of the day sitting in the trailer reading the Syracuse Sunday paper, blogs & forums & my book. During a short break in the rain I did go out and put away the hummingbird feeder (no hummers showed up) and put the ground cloth on the picnic table to rinse. Felt like tent camping days - putting away a wet ground cloth instead of a tent!

I received email from Escape that my available pick up date for my new Escape 21 has moved up from September 20th to August 16th! That will give me time to see some of the northwest before I head to Arizona for the winter.

The initial plan for dinner was to head to the Riverside Restaurant next door to the campground for a Chicken Fried Steak dinner (which I've had before & liked), but after changing into sweats to take a shower (I guess I could have just stood outside) I was too lazy to get dressed again to head for the restaurant. Instead, I microwaved an Amy's Chinese Noodles & Vegetables dinner.

Until tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Rainy days and Sundays...always good for kicking it back and a not do much day.

    ReplyDelete