Monday, April 10, 2017

Day 162, Monday, April 10, 2017, Edgar Evins State Park, TN, Day 2

Another View of My Site
Monday, April 10, 2017, Edgar Evins State Park, TN, Day 2, 0 Miles, 7,417.1 Miles For the Trip

I did find a couple of FM NPR stations, all somewhat weak, but listenable. At least one has classical music at night, so I'm set. Speaking of the airwaves, this park, like most of the other Tennessee State Parks has good WiFi coverage. The problem is it appears that the state hasn't paid its ISP bill - all the parks I've been in have strong WiFi, but no internet. Luckily, there is a good -92dBm (with the Sleek amplifier) 4G LTE Verizon signal. AT&T comes & goes. Last night it was good enough that I could listen to WXXI's 10:00 broadcast of "Hearts of Space", a favorite of mine that isn't on too many NPR stations. The music was first described to me as Yanni meets Philip Glass. In any case, my iPhone pulled the Rochester station over the internet without any drop outs. I also managed to talk to my brother and Facetime with the Guidos yesterday. Today all I get is "No Service".

I did my usual walk around the campground, took a couple of photos including one of the prettiest new greenery - poison ivy, another view of the site platform, and the definitely not ADA compliant sidewalk to the bathroom & showers. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I spent most of the day goofing off. As long as I could find shade, the weather was very nice & I sat around outside reading all afternoon. After a quick shower, I made dinner, which was a couple of turkey hot dogs & half a package of freeze dried Mexicali Rose Green Chile Homestyle Refried Beans. I like these much better than canned refried beans, but if I can find them again, I'm going to switch to the non green Chile version. These are pretty hot!

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment