Saturday, April 15, 2017

Day 167, Saturday, April 15, 2017, Edgar Evins State Park, TN, Day 7

Saturday, April 15, 2017, Edgar Evins State Park, TN, Day 7, 0 Miles, 7,417.1 Miles For the Trip

Another warm day. I did some walking in the morning while it was still cool, then chased the shade sitting outside reading. I discovered that there is a Wilber Smith fan here at the campground. They have a shelf of books at the office, and almost half of them are by Wilber Smith. I like his work as well, and traded in 8 - 10 books.

While the campground isn't full, it is fairly packed. Even the walk in primitive camping area has 4 tents. They may be cooler than the developed sites; they are tucked in the trees with lots of shade. It is a good thing I don't have photos today - the internet connection on Verizon still shows 4G LTE, but it is too slow to read many of the forums, and, I suspect, too slow to post photos.

I did get a chance to talk with my son Kyle, Don & Anne, and my daughter Karin using FaceTime because AT&T kept going in & out.  FaceTime uses the Verizon WiFi to make a connection, even to a phone that is on a phone network. After that it was more reading, then dinner, which was the rest of a jar of beets, and a couple of El Monterey Chicken Empanadas. I set up the toaster oven on the picnic table - too hot to cook inside. This is one of those days that I won't want to use the real built in oven in the new Escape 21, so I will still carry the toaster oven.

Until tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. This time of the year the South almost goes from winter to summer and bypasses spring. In Auburn Al the temps got around 83 today. I know you are enjoying your new Escape. We just got our Oliver 23.5 ft. in December. Hope you enjoy your stay at the state park.
    freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete