Tuesday, January 19, 2016

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 62

A Vixen 21 Motorhome
Tuesday, January 19, 2016, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 62, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

Another day in the 70's here at Quartzsite, although a bit cooler at 43°F when I went for coffee. I walked through the Big Tent on the way back with my coffee mug in hand & stopped at the LED Lantern booth. As promised, he did have a new batch in at 9:00AM, so I bought 2. They are not as bright as the Luci Original Inflatable Solar Light version that many have, but it does do multiple colors. In any case, at $5.00 it is a bargain.

The rest of the day was spent talking & reading. I did defrost the refrigerator. While it goes longer between needing to be defrosted, even here in the dry desert it eventually ices up to the point where it doesn't cool as well. I also feel it is a bit more humid than usual - I see condensation on my RAV4 & stove in the mornings, and that didn't happen much the last time I was here.

Eventually, I got bored of reading & drove into town to the Quartzsite General Store for a couple of bananas & a chicken leg quarter for dinner. I'll probably cook up a Knoor Rice & Broccoli package to go with the chicken.

Dave left, so our group of small RVs is down to three. There are more fiberglass trailers around the area. Three Bigfoots, a 17', a 19.5', and a 21'. One Scamp, and a couple of Casitas. As to unusual motorhomes, while it is not near our section of the area, I watched an Ultra Van go by. This is a motorhome powered by a Corvair engine. Also saw a couple of other unusual small motorhomes of a type I've never seen before. I walked over to the group and discovered the Vixen 21: "Approximately 587 Vixen 21 motorhomes were produced by the Vixen Motor Company at One Silverdome Industrial Park in Pontiac Michigan between 1986 - 1989 when the company closed. Retail value ranged between $40-$53k. Each model got between 22-30 mpg." There was a bunch of them, that have been coming to Quartzsite for over 5 years as well as a somewhat rare Newmar NewAire and a not so rare Rialta.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment: