Friday, January 15, 2016

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 58

Friday, January 15, 2016, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 58, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

I ended up sleeping in until 9:00 this morning. Not sure why, but since I don't use an alarm clock, I get up when ever. After breakfast I sat outside for a bit. It is warmer than yesterday, although a bit windier. Still more RVs coming into the area. They are now parking in the wash next to the road into our area. While it isn't a major wash, and heavy rain is not predicted, it really isn't a good place to set up. If nothing else, when it rains it is were most of the puddles form.

I drove into town looking for an adapter plate to mate my Blue Sky controller to the hole left by the GoPower controller. Blue Skies makes one, but the solar place I checked didn't have one, and it sure sounds like they won't be able to get one. I checked with the other solar dealer (Solar Bill's), and they say they have one so I drove over to pick one up. Town is pretty much a madhouse. Long waits at the traffic lights, getting out of driveways or making left turns, etc. The Big Tent doesn't open until tomorrow, but there are lots of people moving in & getting ready!

Other than that, I pretty much did nothing but sit outside hiding from the wind reading & talking with neighbors. I'm attempting to grow a beard for the first time since the 70's. I'm not sure I like it since it is pretty much all white, which the last time I tried starting one my wife decided it made me look too old , but I'll let it go for a couple weeks before I decide to keep it or not.

Since I enjoyed the salad for dinner last night, I might do the same tonight.

Until Tomorrow - 

2 comments:

  1. Are there any Photo ops potential for day trips...just wondering...I do need to make that trip ...maybe next year....enjoy ...Horst sends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I suspect there are since they seem to exist everywhere, but I haven't found many within a 30 - 40 mile drive. The Kofa National Wildlife Refuge is worth exploring, and there are a few interesting mines in the area, but that's about it...

      Delete