Monday, January 4, 2016

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 47

Monday, January 4, 2016, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 47, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

The predicted rain started around 4:00AM & continued off & on all day. You would thing the desert would soak up the rain since the last one was almost a month ago, but the whole place is filled with puddles. I guess the hint is the large washes criss crossing the campground. So far there isn't enough rain to start them flowing, but you do discover all the low spots around your trailer & along the roads. I also discovered that what is nice, hard packed dirt is actually mud when wet! I went to move the portable solar panel to catch the slightly brighter part of the sky, and sunk in to the top of my sneakers.

All I did for the day (other than moving my solar panel & digging out a new roll of paper towels from the RAV4) was sit & read. Rainy weather isn't much fun at Quartzsite (or most places for that matter) and it is still cool enough at around 49°F outside that one wants to curl up with a book. I did pay some bills on line, and discovered that my Oswego Town Clerk retired after 20 odd years on the job. The new one (Nikki) says she will be collecting my town taxes for the next 20 years. It is interesting how the same person gets elected every two years forever. Since no one runs against them, I guess I can understand why they stay in the position forever.

While I haven't made up my mind, I think dinner will be a trip to a local restaurant. I sure don't want to cook outdoors, and while I do sometimes make soup inside, I feel like having a more substantial dinner.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment