Monday, September 29, 2014

Binghamton, NY

Monday, September 29, 2014, Don & Anne's, Binghamton, NY - 150.8 miles, 825.3 For the Trip

No photos or much of a trip report today.  I packed up & headed north.  I81 most of the way, and stopped at Don & Anne's for the night.  Since I had my driveway top coated while on the trip, I can't get into it to park the trailer until tomorrow, so I'll finish the drive to Oswego in the morning.

Dinner was fried shrimp from Doug's Fish Fry.  Since I'm required to compare it to Oswego's Rudys on the Lake, Here goes.  Fries - about the same.  Shrimp - a plus to Doug's. Coleslaw - Can't compare it to Rudys since I always get the macaroni salad, but it is 100% better than the coleslaw that comes with the otherwise excellent fish dinner at our Oswego Price Chopper.  Finally, I tried a bite of Anne's fish sandwich.  Have to give the prize to Rudys.  Their fried haddock sandwich, whether or not it is, tastes like fresh, unfrozen fish, and is hard to beat. Flakey, large pieces, and great taste.  All in all, I'd have to call it a tie.

Until tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. ...and we are thinking of fast food (Wendy's) tonight. Oh how I miss the fish fresh from the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers.

    ReplyDelete