Tuesday, November 21, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 37

 Tuesday, November 21, 2023 - Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, AZ - 129.1 Miles, 3,189.6 Miles for the trip

No rush to get out of the park other than by check out time of 11:00 since it is a low mileage day. I left by 10:30 and arrived at the Lost Dutchman State Park around 1:00; that includes a stop at a Walmart on the way. Mileage started out great, hitting 14.7MPG, but by the end it was down to 12.8MPG. A bit of a headwind for most of the day.

I'm in site 20, a level water & electric site on asphalt for $36.60 per night including a $3.20 reservation fee. The site has a fire pit & picnic table, both on gravel next to the trailer. A great view of the Superstition Mountains from the picnic table & the kitchen side of the trailer. The nearest bathroom is a short walk, and has showers.

Site 20

82°F outside and clear skies; I fired up the AC once hooked up & cooled the trailer down to 76°F. 

After hooking up I called Robert Horne Ford to schedule an oil change which will be at 9:00AM tomorrow. After that it was outside in the shade for a bit of reading. I finished Kyril Bonfiglioli's Don't Point That Thing At Me, and while it took more "mind adjusting" than needed with the typical British mystery style, I have to admit I enjoyed it. I'll probably read the rest of them; I started #2, After You With The Pistol. I put out the hummingbird feeder, and less than three minutes after I walked away from it a hummingbird was at it. 

I then set up the Z8 for some night time images, but the setting sun looked great on the mountain, so I dug out one of my older cameras and took a couple of images. The second photo is with a D800 and much warmer conditions.


The Superstitions With the Z8

Later With The D800

Dinner was a Benihanan Hibachi Chicken Rice Bowl.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment