Wednesday, November 22, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 38

 Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, AZ, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 3,189.6 Miles for the trip

I went out around 8:30 last night, and unfortunately, there was a moon at 50%. I did shoot an image of my trailer at ISO 20,000, 20 seconds at f:11. I was somewhat surprised that the metering system was able to set the f: stop for the exposure. Focus was a bit soft.

Night Time Image

I went to Robert Horne Ford for an oil change. They insisted that the lug nuts needed replacing as well as the expected transfer case oil change. On the way back I stopped at Fry's for a couple of freezer meals.

Back at the trailer, I sat outside in the shade. A bit cool in the shade, but too hot in the sun. Eventually, I headed for the showers. They are individual rooms on the back of the bathroom. Four of them, one handicapped. The doors on two of them don't close. The one that does close has no lights. Lukewarm water from a high pressure spray that hits over 95% of the drying area. There is a bench & 2 sets of hooks in the drying area. As long as you are comfortable with someone opening the door while you are showering, they are usable, but other than the handicapped shower which has both a light & a locking door, I can't rate them any better than a C-.

I tried a number of times to contact the Blue Water Marine RV in Parker for a reservation for the next week, but never got further than their voice mail. Site 30 just up the road from me here at Lost Dutchman is available for tomorrow, so I reserved it. So, tomorrow will be my shortest drive!

More reading outside, plus I went for a walk around a couple of campground loops. 

While sitting I took a couple more photos, including an Anna's Hummingbird. I can't tell the difference between it and a Costa's, but that is what iBird Photo Sleuth tells me.

Moon Rise

Anna's Hummingbird

Dinner was a chicken pot pie.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment