Monday, November 13, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 29

 Monday, November 13, 2023 - Leasburg Dam State Park, Radium Springs, NM, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 2,756.1 Miles for the trip

A quiet night except for a couple of trains. Two of them had very loud pusher engines - just when you thought all the engine noise was gone it came back. Still, I don't remember any after midnight, and none early in the morning. 

I tried for a couple of star photos, but wasn't happy with them. It is dark enough - there are lights in the distance, but only one trailer here in the park with bright lights all night. Probably won't be able to try again since it is quite cloudy today & predicted to remain so for the next couple of days.

I checked both Verizon & AT&T - Verizon was 28.8Mbps down & 12.5Mbps up, while AT&T showed 45.2Mbps down & 4.3Mbps up. 

As I often do, I entered my next stop in the Garmin. Interesting result. While the air miles to Dwayne's Mountain View RV Park is around 170 miles, the actual route was 7680 miles and showed a path to Europe & back. I decided it was time for a Garmin update, and since AT&T was fairly fast, a good place to do it. I also downloaded a new audio book - Gerald O'Dononan's Priest. Hope this is better than Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty, on which I gave up. The updated Garmin software (or map) fixed the problem - 183 miles expected.

It eventually turned partly cloudy, and when the sun was peaking behind the clouds it was quite comfortable sitting outside reading. I finished Ellis Peter's The Piper on the Mountain, and started his Black is the Colour of My True Love's Heart. This will be the last of the series until a reserved one is available.

After lunch I spent most of the afternoon reading.

Dinner was a mirror of last night (grilled chicken thigh & asparagus) except I finished off the Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. 

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment