Thursday, November 2, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 18

 Thursday, November 2, 2023 - Natchez State Park, Natchez, MS, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 1,599.9 Miles for the trip

On my walk around the campground this morning I finally found a RV smaller than mine, but again, Blogger won't let me upload the image.  I'll try again at the next campground, but it see the motorcycle trailer today you will need to go to my webpage for today.  November 3rd - I found I can post URLs (links) so I'll do that when I can't add the photo to the page.

A URL Link to Today's Photo

After my morning walk I started a load of laundry. Back at the trailer I made breakfast and read some forums & journals. I did some house keeping, and, when walking around the outside of the trailer, discovered that the fresh water tank overflow was overflowing. Went inside & checked the level in the fresh water tank - it was full. So, the pump didn't fix itself. I'm not sure what starts it since I went for a couple of days with no problem, but I'm draining the tank back to 1/3. I may order a replacement pump when I hit Tucson since I'm there for 5 nights, but until then no water hookups. While it is possible that I could take it apart & discover why it is leaking, I've also had problems with it running with no leaks in the trailer water system, so it may be time for a replacement. If nothing else, once I have a new one I can take this one apart without worrying that I can't get it back to working condition.

While I didn't use the shower, there are 2 - with a wand type showerhead & single handle faucet in the standard stall & a high pressure, low volume in the handicapped. A small drying room with bench & shelf and a bunch of unusable broken hooks. No shelf in the shower. Overall, at best a C+.

After lunch I spent the afternoon reading. Still reading Ellis Peter's Flight of a Witch, although I started a new audio book - The Girl With the Dragonfruit Tattoo by Carrie Doyle downloaded from the NYC library. Don't know anything about it other than they suggested it & it isn't the similar titled The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I read and enjoyed. 

It did warm up this afternoon. Around 62°F, but feels warmer sitting in the sun. Eventually, the sun ducked behind the trees & I headed into the trailer. 

Dinner was a Barber Broccoli & Cheese Chicken with snap beans.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment