Friday, November 17, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 33

 Friday, November 17, 2023 - Gilbert Ray County Campground, Tucson, AZ, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 3,060.5 Miles for the trip

An important lesson learned: While it is handy to store the squirt bottle of the mustard upside down so it flows when you squeeze it rather than having to shake it to get the mustard to the spout, it is important to NOT store it upside down if you are going to drive from a low altitude to a high altitude unless you like erupting mustard. No matter which way you hold it, a mustard lava flows out of the spout until the pressure equalizes. If you want to douse 10 hot dogs in a row, no problem, but it sure doesn't work for one brat!

A light to medium rain started around 7:00 last night, lasting for about an hour. 

I went for my usual morning walk. I was hoping to see the new electrical work in Section A, however it is still closed. I did find 2 more Escapes in the H section.

After my walk & breakfast, I replaced the water pump. So far it appears to have solved the running when water is not being used. I won't know if it solves the fresh water tank filling until I hit a campground with water hookups, but there is no reason it shouldn't have fixed the problem. It is quieter than the old one.

I sat outside and took a few hummingbird photos. I also took one of a Starlink antenna - I am seeing those at almost every campground. I managed to capture a couple of hummingbirds arguing over the feeder:

Hummingbirds Fighting Over the Feeder

I called Tucson Camera Repair, and they still had a Nikon Z8 on the shelf. I am not sure I'm ready to give up single lens reflex for a mirror less camera, but if I don't try one, I'll never know. So, I am now the proud owner of a Nikon Z8. It does take a bit of getting used to the electronic viewfinder, but getting rid of the mirror click & delay when doing multi frame shots is nice. Here are the first two images of what my iBird Photo Sleuth app is 100% sure is a Verdin:

A Verdin 

On the way back from Tucson Camera Repair I also stopped at Food City for a couple of things. It is a store heavily slanted to Spanish foods, and brands that I am not familiar with, but I got what I needed.

Back at the trailer I played with the new camera, then settled in for dinner, which was a turkey Bubba Burger & Bush beans..

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment