Wednesday, November 1, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 17

 Wednesday, November 1, 2023 - Natchez State Park, Natchez, MS - 196.3 Miles, 1,599.9 Miles for the trip

I did manage to find the Natchez Trace Parkway and did most of the drive on it. While the speed limit is 50MPH, I set my cruise control for 54MPH and got passed more than once. MS 25 would have probably been faster with a 65MPH limit, but maybe not since it goes through a number of towns, traffic lights, etc and the parkway is non stop.

I arrived at the campground around 2:30. No one at the gate, and a sign saying go to your site if you have a reservation. Since I reserved site B45, no problem. A back in site with a concrete pad that is very close to level - 1/2" off side to side and I raised the tongue 1/2". I didn't bother to unhook. Water & electric for $31.03 per night for 2 nights. Another mostly empty campground (3 other campers) with many reserved sites starting tomorrow.

Site 45

I did an internet speed test when I arrived & Verizon showed 33.2Mbps down & 4.5Mbps up. AT&T showed 24.6Mbps down & 1Mbps up. Verizon sounded good, and since I have one day left before a new unlimited but limited restarts (don't ask) I stuck with them. When I went to check my mail, it showed no connection. Tried a couple of web pages, and nothing. Since the speed test is a web page, not sure what is going on, but switched to AT&T and the same problem. I do remember having problems with the internet here on previous trips; I hope it starts working sometime soon. Without the internet I can't look up what I paid for the site or, of course, post this journal page. I found one NPR station - MPB (the same as the station back at Legion State Park, although I'm sure it is a different transmitter). Of course, they are still doing their fall fund raiser. 

Verizon just started working & dumped 32 mail messages, so maybe. It did upload the site photo, and I was able to connect to the Mississippi campground reservations page for the price of my site.

It is still a bit cool to sit around outside. While my weather app says it is 57°F outside, the thermometer under my trailer is reading 55°F. Neither is my idea of sitting around temperature. It does tell me that it is going to hit 67°F tomorrow. I walked around the campground loop (about 1/4 mile), checked out the bathroom - interesting - the building has a single entrance, the doors to the men's & women's sections are propped open against the wall and the only identification of which side is which is on the door (hidden against the wall). There is a single washer & dryer inside ($1.75 wash & dry) and the bathroom is heated. I checked my mail, read a few web pages, then started dinner.

Dinner was a microwaved Innovasian Orange Chicken bowl.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment