Tuesday, October 24, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 9

 Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - Panther Creek State Park, Morristown, TN - 130.7 Miles, 845.8 Miles for the trip

Another cool night, but I did get out for a bit to watch for some of the Orion meteors. Way too much light - the moon was at 48%, most of the trailers had lights as well as the restrooms and other parts of the park, but I did see one.

A fairly quick trip down I81 to Panther Creek. I'm in site 10 for two nights. A paved site with water & electric that required unhooking to level - side to side 3 1/2", and drop the tongue 1 1/2". With reservation fee & sales tax, $40.91 per night. ($35.00 is the posted price)

I don't know what is going on with blogger, but starting today I can't add photos from my Mac.  If you want to see images you will need to go to my webpage.

The photos seem to be working now (Thursday, 10/26)

Site 10

Fall Color Looking Up the Campground From My Site

When checking the propane yesterday I discovered that one of the tank hoses was cracked. After setting up I went to Tractor Supply to buy a new hose, drove back to the campground (only 4.5 miles away) exchanged hoses, and then discovered that I finally ran out of propane. I know, why didn't I check when I pulled the cover to check the hose. Well, I did & the switchover indicator was still green. It didn't switch to red until after I replaced the hose. So, back to Tractor Supply for 4.3 gallons of propane. Since the tank holds 4.7 gallons, it wasn't completely empty, but switching hoses must have set it off.

A beautiful, warm day at 68°F and lots of fall color in the park. Even at 5:00 it is still 66°F. Predictions are for 40°F overnight so I'll still be running the heater, but is was nice to sit outside in a "T" shirt. 

Since I'm trying to make room in the freezer, even though it is certainly nice enough to cook outside, I made a microwave meal - Innovasian Orange Chicken.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment