Thursday, October 19, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 4

 Thursday, October 189 2023 - Burson Campground, Hungry Mother State Park, VA - 238.6 Miles, 715.1 Miles for the trip

We left Creekside a little after 10:00, expecting to get to Hungry Mother around 2:00. Everything was going well until Matilda, my GPS announced there would be a 1 hour delay on I81. Then it expanded to a 2 hour delay, then announced that I81 was closed (at least southbound). We didn't take Matilda's recommendation, which was scoot over to I64, then back to I81, hopefully past the closure, but instead, took US 11, which parallels I81 and watched the delay times. The GPS kept wanting us to get back on I81 with anywhere from a 2 hour to 3 hour delay, but eventually we went south enough that the delay disappeared. All in all, it added an hour to the trip, with us arriving a little after 3:00. 

Both our sites are full hookup on fine gravel for $47.00 per night. 

Me in Site 34

The Guidos (And Larry) in Site 33

After setting up I wandered around taking the first round of photos. I'll post them on a rally page. Around 5:30 we headed to Aguirre Inc #3 Mi Puerto, a Mexican restaurant in Marion. The food was OK, although even an order of shrimp that was suppose to not be spicy was too much for Anne's sore mouth. I had chicken enchiladas that were OK, but I would have been better off only ordering one. Far too much rice & beans...

We did a bit of shopping, then headed back to the campground. A meet & greet was happening, so I wandered over to take a photo & talk. Around 7:00 I headed back to the trailer for my eye drops & to put this page together.

The Meet & Greet

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment