Wednesday, October 18, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 3

 Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - Creekside Campground, Edinburg, VA - 184.4 Miles, 476.5 Miles for the trip

We hit the road at 11:00, and like yesterday, most of the trip was on I81. There was heavy traffic in parts, with slowing almost to a stop near a previous accident at mile 300. A partly cloudy day with no rain. 

We made a long stop at a rest area 40 miles from Creekside Campground. I got a call from my son that the hot water stopped working. Called Issac, the company that put in my Mini Split AC and did a service inspection & tune up on the boiler 2 months ago, and they have so few technicians in Syracuse that they are not doing service calls unless you have a contract with them. Since that runs about $600.00 per year, I didn't (and, now wish I had) In any case, called Elllsworth Heating & Air Conditioning, a local heating contractor, and they will schedule a visit as soon as possible. 

So, we arrived at Creekside a bit later than expected, around 3:30. I'm in site 30, and the Guidos are in site 29. Both are grass sites with water & electric along the creek. They are back in sites that small trailers can almost pull through. I ended up backing in and finding a section level enough that the tongue is 3/4" high but no need to unhook. Sites are $36.86 per night. We set up my folding aluminum table to cook on since the campground has had too many of their plastic tabletops melted by folk's grills, and doesn't allow them on the tables. My Weber Q doesn't get the table even warm, but their campground, their rules!

Me in Site 30

The Guidos in Site 29

We sat around in the sun for a bit, then grilled dinner which was cheese brats, standard Johnsonville for me & Bosco's Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese for Guido, and Bush Bourbon & Brown Sugar beans. Anne has a sore mouth and had eggs.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment