Saturday, October 28, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 13

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - Green Acres RV Park, Savannah, TN, 164.4 Miles, 1,224.5 Miles for the trip

Another "just the sheet, no blanket " night - a low of 64°F, although I didn't run the AC after using it to cool off the trailer; just opened the windows and ran the Maxxfan.

I did my usual 1 mile walk before breakfast. There was a wedding yesterday evening & it looks like many of the participants stayed in the cabins next to the trailer section - lost of cars as I walked by. Since I had a low mileage drive today, I hung around the campground until 11:00. I discovered that the check valve in my pump seems to be leaking. I started the trip with a 1/3 full fresh water tank and this morning it was full. Since I didn't put any water into it, the only source would be back pressure through the water pump. It has a check valve that is suppose to prevent fresh water going through it to the fresh water tank, but they do fail. Hopefully, it was a one time thing & I'll be OK tonight. I did drain the tank back down to 1/3rd since I don't like to travel with a full tank unless I'm close to a dry camping site.

I made a stop at the Lawrenceburg, TN Walmart for supplies, and arrived at Green Acres around 2:30. Very nice staff (the owners) that went over all the information about the park & area. I'm in site 26, a full hookup, very long pull through site on gravel. No grill or fire pit, but a nice picnic table. Almost level - 1" side to side & I raised the tongue 1". Didn't have to unhook & probably won't unless I decide to go somewhere. $46.47 per night for 2 nights. By the way, another place where I'm the smallest trailer in the park!

Site 26

I checked the campground WiFi & is is very fast at 133.1Mbps down & 21.5Mbps up. I might not even try the cell modems.

After setting up I sat outside for a bit running the AC to cool down the trailer. It was at 93°F inside with an outside temperature of 85°F. 

Dinner was at the Viva la Casita Mexican restaurant which is located at the campground entrance. Had a pair of shrimp tacos. Fast & good!

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment