Thursday, October 26, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 11

 Thursday, October 26, 2023 - Rural Hill Farm, Mount Juliet, TN, 214.3 Miles, 1,060.1 Miles for the trip

I left Panther Creek State Park around 10:00 and arrived at Rural Hill Farm around 2:00 (although actually a 5 hour trip since I crossed into Central Time ). Lots of traffic on I40, including stop & go sections.

A bit interesting finding the place. The directions help. but the signage is tough. The lettering is a bit too fancy, making it hard to read, and is says nothing about a campground - just that it is an Event Center. The campground is about a mile into the Event Center on a washboard gravel road. My reservation said I was in site 5, but when I went to my account I discovered that I was in site 8 (no mailed notice). Since there was someone already in site 5, I set up in site 8, a full hookup site on gravel that needed 1" side to side & 3 1/2" tongue up to level the trailer, picnic table, and a fire pit filled with trash. I didn't need to unhook, so as long I I don't need to go anywhere, I'm set. Not cheap, and probably not worth it unless you want real seclusion (except for your neighbors) at $69.81 per night for two nights (with a Good Sam discount of $7.00 per night).

Site 8

Cell service is weak, but shows at least one bar on both Verizon & AT&T. I did a speed check on both - Verizon at 1Mbps down & .7Mbps up, and AT&T 2.3Mbps down & .7Mbps up, both with the pair of MiMo rooftop antennas. Since I have not been using AT&T so far on the trip, I stuck with them for my data connection.

Very warm. 83°F outside & 80°F in the trailer when I arrived. I don't know if it will cool off overnight - my weather app shows it going down to 64°F overnight.

After setting up I checked the bathrooms - 2 unisex rooms with showers for 17 sites. It looks like the laundry is free - 2 washers & dryers.

Dinner was left over Knoor Alfredo with shrimp.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment