Sunday, March 31, 2019

Day 239, Sunday, March 31, 2019 - Pin Oak Campground, Natchez Trace SP, TN, Day 7

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - Pin Oak Campground, Natchez Trace SP, TN, Day 7 - 0 Miles, 10,394.1 Miles for the Trip

Well, all good temperatures must come to an end. 37°F overnight, and only 47°F at noon.

Lots of RVs packing up & leaving this morning. We are back to a 3/4 empty campground.

I called my son in Oswego, and while they are having lots of rain, at least no snow.

Around 1:00 I headed to the lodge to see what was on the menu for lunch. The place was crowded. Fired chicken & catfish with lots of sides & strawberry shortcake for dessert. While the chicken & catfish looked great, they were only just OK. Both were kinda dry & without much flavor. On the other hand, the strawberry shortcake was great. $2.00 more because it was the weekend. After lunch I headed back to the trailer & spent the afternoon reading. I packed up the hummingbird feeder (no takers) and pulled up the ground mat to let it dry. After my afternoon eye drops, I'll unhook the sewer connection & water to make it easier to head out in the morning. I'll probably also head for the showers.

Even with the shower area heater on, it was still cool in the drying area. Still, it was much better than any of the unheated showers I've been in on a cold day.

Since I had a big, but uninspiring lunch, dinner was just cheese & crackers.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment