Monday, March 11, 2019

Day 219, Monday, March 11, 2019 - Monahans Sandhill State Park, TX

Picnic Site #2
Monday, March 11, 2019 - Monahans Sandhill State Park, TX - 134.2 Miles, 9,264.5 Miles for the Trip

A short drive on I 10 & I 20. A couple of travelers mentioned that I 20 was pretty beat up by the oil rigs in the area, but I didn't find it much worse than I 10. In any case, While US 180 doesn't come near I 20 until Sweetwater, TX, if I 20 gets too bad I'll cut north to switch roads. My next campground is on US 180, but after that I have to find away to avoid Dallas/Ft Worth. I need to eventually get further north, so I may head for US 82. I plan to stop in Odessa for propane & maybe the nearby Walmart to restock the freezer.

Monahans Sandhill State Park is what the name describes; a bunch of hills made of sand! The campground was full, so I'm in one of the picnic sites (#2) for $10.00 + $4.00 park entry fee for a dry campsite. Level enough that I don't have to unhook or even use the side to side levelers, but a good half mile walk to the bathrooms.

After setting up I walked over to the campground to see what it looked like. Most sites are pull through with water & electric. The bathroom is heated & has a couple of showers with standard showerheads and a combined dressing area for both showers. No seats, shelves or hangers. As you can see from the photos, a cloudy day. Only 51°F at 2:30, so I would have appreciated an electric site, but I do have the furnace. I don't expect to do much sitting outside.  Pictures at today's LakeshoreImages page.

There is acceptable AT&T signal & speed (-112dBm of 4G LTE) without an amplifier, and -114dBm of 4G LTE Verizon, again, without the amplifier or outside antenna.

Dinner will be a chicken pot pie.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment