Friday, March 29, 2019

Day 237, Friday, March 29, 2019 - Pin Oak Campground, Natchez Trace SP, TN, Day 5

Friday, March 29, 2019 - Pin Oak Campground, Natchez Trace SP, TN, Day 5 - 0 Miles, 10,394.1 Miles for the Trip

Warm overnight, with light rain off & on. The morning was a bit cloudy, but it warmed into the mid 70's during the afternoon. I walked around the campground after the rain stopped; it is now about 1/2 full, with tags on most of the empty sites with reservations starting today.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I did a load of laundry yesterday. There is one washer & one dryer ($2.00 each) in the bathroom building.

Both AT&T & Verizon have weak signals here at the campground. With the amplifier, I see -117dBm on AT&T, with 3.1Mbps down & .4Mbps up. Verizon shows a -110dBm signal, with 2.9Mbps down & .1Mbps up when the Speedtest software can measure it - about half the time it times out.

It is still usable for posting the blog, reading forums, email, etc. I was even able to use my phone for internet radio last night (on the AT&T Mobley).

It was a quiet day. I did some reading outside, talked with some neighbors, but didn't do anything productive. I put out the hummingbird feeder, but no takers - I suspect it is still a bit early.

Dinner was a production - Fajitas made from left over steak cooked outside on the grill. I also finished off the rest of the Mexicali Freeze Dried Refried Beans. While I tried to divide the package in half and use half the water to make each batch, the first one came out too watery, and today's too thick. Still, in both cases, much better than canned refried beans.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment