Sunday, May 20, 2018

Day 6, Lincoln Pond DEC Campground, NY

The View From Site 8, Lincoln Pond DEC Campground
Day 6, Lincoln Pond DEC Campground, NY - 254.5 miles, 661.4 for the trip.

The rain eased off during our late dinner, although it never completely stopped until midnight or so (hard to tell with the trees dripping). We headed to the pavilion for another pancake breakfast, but I guess the campground decided there weren't enough of us left to make it worth it to do breakfast. There was a coffee pot, so all was not lost. Yesterday we walked to the office to make reservations for next year. They have a policy that if the people on a site want it for next year & reserve before the end of the rally, they have first dibs on the site. We wanted to switch to a couple of the lakeside sites & reserved 48 & 50, but discovered this morning that the couple on site 48 are coming back. Not sure of those on 50. So, we may be back on the same sites for next year.

I packed up the trailer and was on the road by 9:00. Lots of secondary roads with a few short drives on interstates to get to the Warrensburg Travel Park. A unique way to check in - there is a walkie talkie in a basket with instructions on how to use it to call the office staff. When they finally arrived, I discovered that a campground that was labeled mid priced by AllStays was $60.00 per night. Feeling cheap, I headed to the Lake George Battleground State Park. A great location, but the campground was closed.

During my search for campgrounds yesterday, I found a DEC campground that opened the day before near Elizabethtown, NY. A bit further north than I was planning to stop, but it gives me an excuse to drive through the Adirondack Park to get home tomorrow. Much more interesting than NY 5 or NY 20. I'm in site 8, a dry, almost level pull through site with a great view of the pond at $20.75 per night. I didn't need to unhook from the truck, although the tongue is about a 1/4 bubble high. There are hot showers, but they are at the swimming bath house a fair distance away. The nearby bathroom does not have showers. A site photo is on today's LakeshoreImages page.

Connectivity is good on both AT&T & Verizon, although the upload speed for AT&T choked when I accidentally attempted to upload full sized (12.5MB) versions of today's photos. I forgot to switch from the full sized jpg setting I used for the group photo yesterday. By the way, Verizon had no problem with the large files, but I reloaded my normal sized images. I spent what was left of the afternoon reading, then fired up the oven for a Boston Market Chicken Pot pie, my first.

No comments:

Post a Comment