Thursday, May 17, 2018

Day 3, Chocorua KOA , Chocorua, NH

A Spiffed up U Haul towed by a Woodie
Day 3, Chocorua KOA , Chocorua, NH - 0 miles, 406.9 for the trip.

Since the pot luck is Friday, rather than Saturday, I decided to make the blueberry pies this morning. It was still cool (in the upper 50's), so I decided to bake them in the trailer oven. I used a new silicon pie edge protector and drip collector recommended by a fellow pie maker (thanks, Earline!) and both worked well. The pies were made with my own blueberries, but frozen, so the pies may be a bit juicy, but they taste better than the generic store bought frozen berries.

After the pies were out of the oven I made a round of the campground for some photos, then we made a run to the closest grocery store (about 7 miles away) for some celery & other supplies to make my Anasazi Beans, Rice & Chicken for dinner. It, like all the times I make it, was an experiment, but we all liked it. No matter how much I make, I always seem to have 2 one person batches left over. I froze them for next time.

At 6:00 there was a cheese social at the pavilion. Met some old friends and new ones, then headed back to the trailer for my 7:00 eye drops and to post today's pages. No pictures specific to this page, but a bunch at the Spring Fling page.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment