Monday, January 30, 2017

Dy 92, Monday, January 30, 2017, La Posa West, Quartzsite AZ, Day 35

An Empty Tent
Monday, January 30, 2017, La Posa West, Quartzsite AZ, Day 35, 0 Miles, 3,991.7 Miles For the Trip

A beautiful day at Quartzsite. It hit 74F during the afternoon.

I had what will probably be my last breakfast at the Bad Boy Cafe this morning - Sweet Potato Pancakes & bacon. I will move to Dome Rock either tomorrow or the next day and will probably do the 3-4 mile drive into Quartzsite less often.

After getting back to the trailer I read my usual blogs & forums, then sat out with Mel & Linda for a bit. I headed over to the big tent to take a few photos of the end of the show. The vendors have until tonight to get their stuff out, but most of them are long gone. I also walked over to K&B to pick up a folding rake, and the sock shop for another package of merino wool socks. They are cheaper than I've found them on line, are very comfortable; much better than cotton socks, and, surprisingly, not overly hot in warm weather. I also took a photo of a 1 cylinder gas powered ice cream machine. I found one at one of our stops on our Alaska trip, but while the engine was there, it was powered by an electric motor. I only wish I had included the sound of this one - that one cylinder gas engine reminds you of the old John Deere tractors. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages post.

After getting back to the trailer I sat in the sun & read, then made dinner, which was chicken Alfredo & the last of the stringy snap peas. If my typing is messy, I can blame it on the wine - I usually divide a bottle into 3 or 4 meals, but somehow the last couple of glasses must have been a bit light. I don't have enough for two nights, but probably more than I should have for one. Oh well, I don't have to drive anywhere, and I'll post this before I finish the rest of the bottle!

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment