Sunday, January 15, 2017

Day 77, Sunday, January 15, 2017, La Posa West, Quartzsite AZ, Day 20

At the Gem & Rock Show
Sunday, January 15, 2017, La Posa West, Quartzsite AZ, Day 20, 0 Miles, 3,991.7 Miles For the Trip

There was just enough rain last night to hear it on the roof, but only for a few minutes, and everything was dry by morning. I treated myself to a breakfast at The Bad Boy Cafe - had their special, a pair of biscuits stuffed with bacon & covered with sausage gravy plus a fried egg. It was OK, even real sausage gravy, but the coffee was still a bit weak.

Back t the trailer I finished my mug of coffee & did my usual morning reading. There is one more of us - Dave showed up with his Dolphin, towing an ATV.

After sitting outside for a bit I headed to the Rock & Gem Show. Hundreds of booths set up with rocks, both finished & raw stock (and merchants) from around the world. I spent most of my afternoon looking, but did purchase a couple of pieces of native copper from the upper peninsula of Michigan. Some photos of the show are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After that it was back to the trailer for more sitting in the sun (73°F) and chatting. Around 5:00 it was cooling off enough that it was time for a break for dinner.

I had a Bubba Burger, potato salad, and snap peas.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment