Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Day 80, Wednesday, January 18, 2017, La Posa West, Quartzsite AZ, Day 23

La Posa West is Filling Up!
Wednesday, January 18, 2017, La Posa West, Quartzsite AZ, Day 23, 0 Miles, 3,991.7 Miles For the Trip

I made a short walk for coffee this morning, stopping at a food truck across from K&B Tool. While a shorter walk, at $3.00 for filling my mug compared to $.50 to $.65 at the 76 gas station, and about the same quality, I'm not sure it is worth saving the steps.

After breakfast I packed up the trailer & headed to the dump station. I could have gone another day or two, but the weather predictions are for rain (although only 50% - 60%) and we are parked between two washes. No problem with rain where we are, but if there is a lot of it, we might have problems getting out.

The line at the dump station wasn't too bad, at least for Quartzsite during Big Tent times. About a 40 minute wait for 5 vehicles. I really think they should have a "small trailer" line, like the 15 items or less at the grocery store. I dumped in 5 minutes, while some of the RVs took 20. I only had to wait for one vehicle at the water fill station.

Today was one of the nicest, clear skies & warm 70°F plus temperatures. We sat around watching many RVs driving by looking for space. The place has really filled up; we have reached the point where people are parking in the road when there are more than one way in & out, and much closer than the rules (15' minimum between vehicles). It will only get worst over the next couple of days. Glad I dumped today!

I took a photo of an Ultralight & the moon, as well as one of Linda's Sunrader Classic, one of the few Class C RV's that is built the same way as fiberglass trailers - an upper & lower half combined with a belly band. Much better than having a seam at the edge of the roof that eventually leaks. Unfortunately, they, like all the Toyota based Class C's, are no longer made. I also included a photo of the view from my trailer to the northeast showing how crowded La Posa West is & some Class A's & a 5er that are parked closer than allowed & partially blocking one of the roads into our area. We still have 2, so I guess we can't complain.  More photos at toady's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was Spaghetti, meatballs & sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment